Walnut Lentil Stuffed Mushroom
This recipe is a simple alternative to our not so healthy stuffed mushrooms. These are filled with healthy fats, protein and fiber and are even vegan!
They make the perfect side dish or appetizer for the holidays, girl's night, or when you just have some company over.
I hope you enjoy this healthy spin on a classic comfort food!
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- 1-1 ½ cups walnuts and/or pecans
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 18 button mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- additional olive oil to cover mushrooms
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms
- Place mushrooms on a lined baking sheet and thinly cover with olive oil
- Combine lentils, walnuts/pecans, basil, and olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth. If you need more liquid add the 1 tbsp of water. Add slowly do the mixture does not become to thin.
- Scoop mixture into mushrooms
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until mixture starts to brown
- Remove and sprinkle with nutritional yeast