You can't go wrong with a delicious tofu veggie wrap for lunch. Wraps are the perfect mix of healthy carbs, protein, veggies and healthy fats in a convenient meal on-the-go.
If you are not a fan of tofu, no worries! I created this recipe so that you can use the general flavour on chickpeas or animal protein.
How to Make these Super Simple Tofu Veggie Wraps
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or you can use fresh garlic)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- Wraps of choice
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- 1-2 beets, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- Lettuce of choice (I like bib lettuce!)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp honey dijon
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Take the brick of tofu and wrap it in a towel to squeeze out all the excess water
- Then take the tofu and crumble it with your hands into a larger mixing bowl
- Add the rest of the tofu ingredients and mix well
- Spread out the tofu mixture onto the parchment paper
- Bake for at least 30 minutes, flipping half way through. The longer you cook it the crisper it will get
- While the tofu cooks, mix the sauce ingredients together. Taste it as you go and feel free to add or adjust. For example, if you want more salt then add more, or if you find the lemon is too tart for your preference, add more oil, honey dijon or mayonnaise.
- Once everything is complete take your wrap and spread the sauce on it
- Then line it with veggies, lettuce and tofu!
Be sure to check out our YouTube Channel where we give you simple tutorials for each recipe!