Step into spring with these simple tips and fun salsa recipe
If you know me, you know I love the changes in seasons partially because I dislike the winter but also because it's a great time to reflect, adjust and move forward. Spring and fall are my two favourite seasons to get things in order, set new goals and organize.
I am one of those weird people who actually enjoy spring cleaning. If you’re anything like me or want to get back in a healthy routine, then check out these simple steps to step into Spring.
- DECLUTTER. I can’t say this enough. I know that I am personally hyperaware of my surroundings and how they impact my mood but generally speaking, if you are living in chaos then your thoughts and lifestyle may be a little out of balance. It’s time to let go of things that you truly DO NOT NEED and haven’t used in MONTHS OR YEARS! This is especially true with clothes. Get rid of those pants you hope to fit into again one day again and just buy new ones if you do lose weight but it’s time to move on. Marie Kondo the shit out of your place if you must.
- HYDRATE. I’ve said it before and I will say it again, drink more water. The end.
- GET OUTSIDE. Now that we are coming out of hibernation it’s time to pause Netflix and breath in some fresh air, go for a walk and just BE outside
- MOVE. It’s easy to get into a workout rut during the winter or simply not go at all. Start light but try incorporating different types of workouts like walks, runs, classes, weights, yoga, biking or whatever else you enjoy
- BE MINDFUL. Stress is one of the most damaging things to our body and minds. Take this time of transition to find areas of your life that are causing you stress and think of ways to shift that energy and manage stress.
Black Bean Lentil Salsa - by Sara Smith
- 1 can cooked black beans
- 1 can cooked corn
- 1 can cooked lentils
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- optional: jalapeno pepper, diced
- chilli powder
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup oil (avocado or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1. Place the Dressing ingredients into pot and bring to a boil.
2. Whisk occasionally
3. Let sauce cool
4. In the meantime, combine vegetables, add lime juice, chilli powder, sea salt and pepper to taste
5. Combine all the ingredients and let sit overnight!
6. Store extra in a sealed glass container in the fridge