There is nothing like making a dessert into a snack so that you can have chocolate anytime of the day! These Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Balls (basically mini peanut butter rice krispies) are the perfect snack and even dessert.
I didn't want these to be a plain ol' protein/energy ball, so I spiced things up with gluten-free brown rice puffs and a rich chocolate coating.
This recipe can be easily modified to suit your taste preferences, food sensitivities, and what you have in the cupboard!
Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Balls Recipe
- 1 cup of puffed rice
- 1 cup of choc chips
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup walnuts (or whatever nuts you prefer)
- ½ cup peanut butter (or other nut/seed butter of your choice)(can be crunchy peanut butter or smooth)
- 1 scoop protein powder optional
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in saucepan then remove from heat
- Add maple syrup, walnuts, peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice), protein powder, and vanilla extract to a food processor and blend.
- Note on protein powder: I recommend Pure Paleo Chocolate Protein Powder but you can use the one you have. Please note that depending on the protein powder you use, it could change the texture of the mix.
- Then add in rice puffs and pulse until you reach the desired texture. You can play around with the texture here and have it fully blended or chunks of rice puffs.
- Form into balls and then dip into chocolate.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes and then remove from freezer and use the leftover chocolate to add a drizzle on top
- Place back in the freezer or fridge to let chocolate harder
- Optional sprinkle sea salt on top, or even finely chopped roasted peanuts
- Storage: fridge or freezer, they will melt slightly if stored at room temperature
Enjoy! And don't forget to share this recipe with friends and family if you loved them as much as I did!
Get 15% off quality supplements and Pure Paleo protein using FullScript (no code needed)!