Healthy Chicken Chopped Salad
I am so excited to share this recipe with you because it is simple, full of flavour and is very nourishing.
The best part is that you can also cook the chicken in a slow cooker so that you can save time and effort!
The salad is also a no fuss recipe and is great for newbies in the kitchen or pros.
Let's get started!
Healthy Chicken Chopped Salad Full Recipe
If you are looking for a filling and nutrient-packed salad then try this Healthy Chicken Chopped Salad.
Slow Cooker Chicken:
- 1 package of boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup water
- Add chicken water and spices to a slow cooker
- Cook on high for about 2 hours
- Shred chicken then cook on low for another 2-4 hours (cooking time can vary based on your slow cooker)
- Once cooked, remove from a the slow cooker and add to a frying pan on medium to high heat and cook until edges become crispy
- Set aside
- 1 cup tomato
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ red bell pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- Roughly chop tomato, cucumber, parsley and bell pepper
- Then add in salt, pepper, oil and lemon juice
- Mix and enjoy!
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp hot sauce (or to your preference)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Water as needed
- Mix everything together and slowly add water as needed to help it blend
- Feel free to play around with the hot sauce or add more spices!