Everyone loves a comforting lasagna but if you struggle with digestive issues, have a gluten intolerance and even a dairy intolerance, lasagnas aren't so enjoyable.
Below is a quick cheater lasagna that is gluten-free, can easily be made dairy-free AND even vegan!
- 1 lb of ground beef or turkey. Vegan option: two cans of cooked lentils, rinsed
- 1 package of brown rice lasagna noodles
- 1 jar of tomato sauce (I like using a tomato basil flavour). Using a jar sauce cuts out having to use tomato paste, seasonings, etc.
- 1 cup of goat feta or use a dairy-free/vegan alternative
- 1 cup of shredded goat cheese, or daiya cheese
- nutritional yeast for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook noodles as per package instructions and drain. Brown rice noodles can be sticky so rinse in cool water and lay separately until ready.
- Add beef or turkey to a frying pan with 1 tbsp of avocado oil on high heat until well cooked. Substitute for lentils if vegan.
- Add 2/3 of the tomato sauce to beef or lentils
- Line a baking dish with a bit of oil or ghee
- Lay down one layer of noodles
- Add half of the beef or lentil mixture
- Add half of the feta and half of the shredded cheese
- Repeat steps 6-8
- Add the last 1/3 of the sauce to the top
- Add the baking dish to the oven for 20 minutes
- Top with nutritional yeast and enjoy!