"Buttery" Lemon Pea Pasta
So during quarantine, I was getting really sick of the same old tomato sauce-based pasta so I decided to get a little creative in the kitchen which is why I created this Lemon Pea Pasta recipe.
This pasta is flavourful and creamy but without the actual butter (or lactose depending on which option you choose)!
Here is how to make this delicious pasta recipe:
- 1 box chickpea pasta
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas (cook as per instructions)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ onion, diced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil for frying pan
- 1 ½ leeks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon of ghee or vegan butter (or regular butter if that is your thing!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cups nutritional yeast
- Pine nuts to garnish
- Cook pasta as per instructions
- In a frying pan add oil, garlic, onion and leeks on medium heat and cook until softened
- Once the pasta is done add in ghee or butter until melted.
- Next stir in lemon juice, salt, peper
- Then add in garlic, onion, leek, cooked peas
- Top with pine nuts
Be sure to check out our YouTube Channel where we give you simple tutorials for each recipe!